Thursday 14 June 2012

Favourite makeup items


I spend so much money on makeup, every time I go into Superdrug or Boots I feel like I have to have a quick look at the makeup section which normally ends in me buying something. I have a few favourites which I will re purchase again and again so I thought I would share them with you.

Rimmels 25 hour lasting finish foundation is a firm favourite of mine, I can’t remember how many bottles I have bought of this. It is the only foundation that I always re purchase when it runs out. It is one of the cheaper high street foundations at £6.99. I think it is worth the money and a lot better than some of the more expensive foundations. Does it last 25 hours, I don’t think so, but in my opinion it does last a lot longer than other foundations that I have tried and gives a nice finish. It has a medium to full coverage but does not look cakey at all. I use shade 100 ivory which I believe is the lightest shade, when I have a bit of a tan I then use shade 103 true ivory.

Collection 2000s lasting perfection concealer has been raved about by many you tube makeup gurus so I decided to try it. It is a great concealer for under the eyes but I also use it for any other imperfections. It gives a good coverage but doesn’t feel heavy on the skin. The only downside to this concealer is that it has a wand to apply it which can be unhygienic. I think that it is very similar to Macs select cover concealer, however the Collection 2000 one is cheaper so I use it instead.

I’m quite pale so i’m careful with blushes and bronzers but I have found three which I am always using. These are the only expensive products that I use on a daily basis but I think they work really well. The first is Benefits dandelion blush. It is a very subtle blush that gives your cheeks a healthy colour. It is around £24.00 which is expensive however I have had this blush for a long time and I still have a bit left. It comes with a brush, however I don’t use it as its to square so makes the blusher hard to blend. 

Macs blush in pinch of peach is a blush I use when I want a less subtle look. It gives a lovely pink colour to the cheeks with a hint of peach which looks nice in summer. The blush is around £17.00 which again is expensive for a blush, however it is very pigmented and has last me a long time. 

Macs bronzer in give me sun is perfect if your going on holiday and want to give your cheeks a healthy glow, its not to bold but you can build it up. I use this bronzer more in the evenings when I am going on a night out.

Topshop mascara is a great mascara to use during the day, I have the brown one which I think is great for day time as the look it gives you isn't to dramatic. For a more dramatic look in the evening I use maybellines colossal volume express mascara. It's great for volume but doesn't make your lashes long, however if I want really dramatic lashes on a  night out then I would use fake eyelashes.

I love trying out new makeup products, the new Rimmel wake me up foundation is on my list of things to try. Has anyone tried it ?


x Sophie Louise x




No comments:

Post a Comment